I am reposting the "15 Things You Should Give Up To Be Happy" written by Michelle Levynn mainly because I believe in a proactive spirit which these guiding ideas touch on how to be:
1. Give up your need to always be right.
2. Give up your need for control.
3. Give up on blame.
4. Give up on your self-defeating self-talk.
5. Give up your limiting beliefs.
6. Give up complaining.
7. Give up the luxury of criticism.
8. Give up your need to impress others.
9. Give up your resistance to change.
10. Give up labels.
11. Give up on your fears.
12. Give up on your excuses.
13. Give up the past.
14. Give up attachment.
15. Give up living your life to other people's expectations.
And one from me:
16. Give up a life of unforgiveness, for yourself and others. Always forgive.
This is a proactive spirit. Be one.