The art of stalking, taken from the teachings of Don Juan Matus in Carlos Casteneda's book, "The Eagle's Gift" is not the art of tracking a celebrity or your neighbor. It is the art of an impeccable warrior and is a practice we can all learn from to better our lives. Since stalking is an art, it is something one performs. The rule of stalkers applies to everyone. Here are several principles that are at the core of the art of stalking:
1. Warriors choose their battleground.
2. Discard everything that is unnecessary.
3. Don't complicate things. Aim at being simple. Apply all the concentration you have to decide whether or not to enter into battle, for any battle is a battle for one's life.
4. Relax, abandon yourself, fear nothing. Only then will the powers that guide us open the road and aid us. Only then.
5. When faced with odds that cannot be dealt with, warriors retreat for a moment. They let their minds meander. They occupy their time with something else. Anything would do.
6. Warriors compress time; even an instant counts. In a battle for your life, a second is an eternity; an eternity that may decide the outcome. Warriors aim at succeeding, therefore they compress time. Warriors don't waste an instant.
7. In order to apply this principle, one must apply the previous six. The stalker never pushes herself to the front. She uses others to front for her while she looks on from behind the scenes, avoiding and parrying conflicts. If there is strife, it is never directed to the stalker but toward her front, the other warrior.
Applying these principles of stalking in your life brings about three results. The first is that stalkers learn to never take themselves seriously; they learn to laugh at themselves. If they're not afraid of being a fool, they can fool anyone. The second is that stalkers learn to have endless patience. Stalkers are never in a hurry; they never fret. And the third is that stalkers learn to have an endless capacity to improvise.
The art of stalking goes much deeper than what I have described here and for now, this is a starting point for you to consider adding these ideas to your life so that you may become more impeccable.