From my perception of my experiences in developing my soul, I expand my soul's awareness before and after my incarnations and my reward is a multiplicity of higher consciousnesses that stay with me always. I have found that these circuits of consciousness go through a...
1. Receptive, opening phase (perception).
2. Phase of growing maturity and integration (understanding).
3. Phase of acceptance and allowance (I am that I am).
4. Phase of creation (action).
5. State of being (unity consciousness. Some call it enlightenment).
Each of us in human format are developing our souls and are in one or more of the phases above whether you are aware of it or not. We are never really at rest as our soul's desire is to expand its awareness ad infinitum. There is a day that comes when we reach mastery in the development of our souls and at that time, we simply move to higher levels of consciousness with no need to incarnate. This does not mean that you will not incarnate if called to do so. It does not mean your soul is static. It means that you have a choice and are not captive to the wheel of samsara. Our souls are always learning. When you come from this perspective, no one is better than anyone else.
Where are you on the journey of your soul's development?