Here are seven traits to look for as you remove your shackles of the herd mentality, of peer pressure and conformity (from thespiritscience.net):
1. Creativity is your natural birthright.
2. Beware of groupthink and herd morality.
3. Perspective is key.
4. Knowledge is provisional.
5. Popping the time bubble.
6. Defying institutional pressures.
7. Perception is to be altered not accepted.
Being a free thinker is part of becoming more aware, more aware of the truths as YOU discover them, as YOU understand them, as YOU define them for yourself and not as someone else instructs you.
Resolve to become a free thinker, a thought leader, one who can think for themselves. What do YOU really think? What do YOU really believe?