Robert Piper shared some great wisdom in his article from Wake Up World, entitled "9 Lessons I Learned While Studying With A Monk." I believe it's important to list the wisdom of the 9 lessons he learned:
1. Keep trying until you get it right.
2. The answer to your question is inside of you.
3. Real wisdom in life comes from doing something and failing.
4. When you start to do meditation, you recognize the egotistical mind. (Comparing)
5. We must be both compassionate and resilient.
6. Patience is a virtue.
7. Detach from your ego.
8. In Taoism, they say, "no self, no enemy."
9. Happiness comes from within and also comes from outside.
To me, these are pearls of wisdom to consider understanding and knowing, helping you to find the monk within and without!