Part of stepping onto your own Wisdom Path is understanding and being in Spiritual truth, I believe.
I like what Michelle Walling put forth in "Authentic Numerology" that she entitled "10 Spiritual Truths We Weren't Taught In School:"
1. We are spiritual beings on a human journey.
2. Our souls never die-we just change our focus.
3. Everything is energy vibrating at a certain frequency.
4. Our thoughts create our reality.
5. We are the ones we have been waiting for.
6. Most of us incarnated here before-many times, in order to prepare for this current lifetime.
7. We are never alone.
8. Time is an illusion.
9. Ascension does not involve going anywhere.
10. Love is all there is.
Bonus truth from me:
11. Heaven is not up there but is right here. We are living in heaven now according to our consciousness.
The Spiritual realm is not a religious realm. There is no Jesus, Allah, Yahweh, Messiah or any kind of Creator God there. There are no 22 virgins. What you will find there is the IS. THE ALL THERE IS, THE CREATIVE SOURCE, INFINITE INTELLIGENCE, THE GREAT SPIRIT. That IS will appear to you at your level of consciousness.
Understanding Spiritual Truths will give you greater clarity in "seeing" the IS now and when you shift focus out of your persona/psyche/ego or what the Matrix calls when you have died!
If you are doing anything to break free from the prevailing mindset, discover the above spiritual truths for yourself.
The greater reality, the truer reality, is spiritual.